HOTEL MANAGEMENT COURSE IN JAIPUR - CHOOSING WISELY
Even during and after the COVID waves had hit the world, Career In Travel & Tourism, Hotel Management, Event Management, etc, that is part of a bigger Sector - Hospitality Management has managed to attract a lot of young aspirants. There could be many reasons, Why? However, if we look closely, they all point towards an inherent need and desire of people to travel, explore and participate in world heritage.
Candidates that are passionate about Culinary Arts or Bakery & Confectionery and dream to become Professional Chefs to candidates with a zeal for People Management and Organizing Skills who look forward to careers as Hotel Managers are opting for Hotel Management Courses. If you find that your passion lies in Hotel & Hospitality Management and/or Culinary Arts, the next big question is to choose an appropriate course in the field and find a Hotel Management College that caters to your learning needs. Here is a simple guide to these questions - You can also fill the inquiry form here to get a detailed Career Counseling call from our Career Counselors - https://www.ihmcs.net/index.php#ihmcs-enquiry
- STEP1- Ascertaining Which Course in the field of Hotel Management is more suitable for you.
There are several available options however it can be circled down to -
1. Graduation In Hotel Management / Degree Course In Hotel Management - Nomenclature may state them as B Sc In Hotel Management / BA In Hotel Management, BHMCT / B Voc In Hotel Management / Bachelor's In Hotel Management, etc, however, the addition to your resume through this course remains the same - A Graduate In Hotel/ Hospitality Management.
If you have cleared Senior Secondary through any Stream and haven't yet enrolled in any other Graduation Courses like BA, B. om, or B. Sc, this could be a great option for you. It is a three-year graduation program that ensures that you get a Bachelor's qualification, yet in a field that you aspire to choose a Career. It includes college education along with Industrial Training / Internships in all four departments of the Hotel Industry namely - Front Office Management, Housekeeping Operations, Food & Beverage Service Operations & Food Production. You can experience everything and then choose the department you will like to pursue Job Placement In Hotel Industry.
2. Diploma In Hotel Management - If you have already spent a few years after completing Senior Secondary and can not afford to enroll in a Graduation Course In Hotel Management due to Time or Money constraints, this is the next best option to opt for. Though various Hotel Management Colleges In Jaipur offer Diploma In Hotel Management of varied duration, I would recommend opting for a 1-year Diploma ( additional 6 months of Industrial Training In Hotel Industry). The duration is long enough to actually impart Hotel Management & Culinary Arts Education and Training, yet short enough for people who want to start their career at soonest.
3. Diploma In Culinary Arts / Diploma In Culinary Science / Diploma In Food Production - This course is suitable for aspiring Chefs, people who are passionate about becoming Professional Chefs, or entrepreneurial opportunities and/or Self Employment as Hoem Chef / Home Baker, etc. Just like Diploma In Hotel Management, various Culinary Colleges In Jaipur or Hotel Management Institutes In Jaipur may offer Diploma Programs of varied duration. It suggested opting for 1-year Diploma In Food Production, for the same reason as mentioned for Diploma n Hotel Management. Diploma In Culinary Arts gives you a platform to pursue a Career As A Chef in different Sections Of the Kitchen / Food Production Department like - Speciality Cuisine ( Indian Cuisine / Italian Cuisine, Oriental Cuisine, etc ), Bakery Chef / Patisserie Chef, Gardemanger, Tandoor Section or Halwai Section and many more. Though few aspirants also look for Diploma In Bakery & Confectionery, I would suggest going for a less specific one - Diploma In Food Production that gives you the option to become Bakery Chef as well, but does not limits it there. There is also a lot of scope in Armed Forces as a lot of recruitments happen in various forces as Cook In BSF, Cook In CISF, Cook In Indian Army, etc.
4. Diploma In Front Office / Diploma In Housekeeping / Diploma In Food & Beverage Service - Though these courses limit your job prospects to a particular department, however, if you are focused on just one department and do not want to indulge in learning and training of rest of them, this could be a good option. Also the duration for these could be even smaller ( 6 months) enabling one to begin earning even sooner.
Hope this information will help you to choose the right Hotel Management course for yourself based on where you are in life right now and what are your learning needs. The next step is to identify a suitable Hotel Management College In Jaipur / Hotel Management Institute In Jaipur. We will very soon publish the next article covering details for STEP 2 - Choosing A Hotel Management College To Start Your Career In Hotel Management / Career In Culinary Arts.